Saturday, September 21, 2013

Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Covet

Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Covet waterproof liners

Anastasia has released her fall 2013 eyeliner collection recently with 7 liners in a variety of finishes. In this set there are 2 mattes and 5 shimmers. These are not the standard eye liner size's , I would say these liners are about medium sized. All of these colors are jewel tones and neutral , but in my opinion I wont be using most of these colors. There is a black which I will get a lot of uses from. But apart from that , im not so sure about the rest of the colors . I have a huge appreciation for the formula of all the liners, matte and shimmer alike . The formula is very soft and pigment , the shimmer liners were not gritty, I did not feel the shimmers rubbing onto my skin. I would agree that these liners are smudge-proof , but not all that water proof. When I apply the black or brown liner on my water line the liners would still run on the outer eye corner. read more for swatches and more info! 

Price: $28.00 ($119.00 value)
Overall grade : C
Available: anastasia.net , sephora , ulta 




Noir

A very pigmented matte black. I did not need to swatch this shade continuously to get the pigment I wanted. I did try to smudge this shade and it did not go anywhere , but it was not water-proof. I found this shade to be soft , it was not hard to apply. I don't mind re-applying this liner simply because it is the most pigmented black eye liner ive tried . 

Steel

A matte grey shade. Another very pigmented color , I found this to be very smooth and rich. Im not too sure when I will be in the need of a grey eyeliner, But ill make it work ! 

Gilded

A gold shimmered brown. The shimmers did not irritate my eyes , nor did I feel the shimmers upon application.

Azure

A matte navy blue. I was a bit disappointed with this shade, I was excited for a navy blue liner being that I don't have one. But this shade swatched patchy and faint in most areas. It seems lint this color wanted to cluster together. It was pigmented and soft , but when applied to the water line- the moistness interfered with the performance of this liner. 

Lavish

I apologize for the quality of this swatch , but Lavish is a shimmered bronze. This liner contains mostly silver shimmers , but I did see some pink shimmers as well. I would have liked "Lavish" to be a gold color. When the word "Lavish" comes to mind I automatically think of the color gold. The shimmers were comfortable and not gritty. 

Absynthe

A shimmered hunter green. Once again one of those colors I wont get much use out of, but I will have to make it work. The shimmers are mostly silver , nothing else. It did not feel gritty or harsh when applied.

Midnight

A glittered black. I was disappointed but impressed with this shade all at the same time. I like the bigger chunks of glitter , and they were surprisingly not gritty at all. But I wish that this shade was much more pigmented, When I think of Midnight I think of pitch black. I didn't get much black from this liner, I got a grey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment