Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Daiso Japan Mascara





Daiso Japan $1.50 Mascara 

Dasio Japan is the equivalent of The Dollar Tree or Dollar General. On my Last trip to Daiso I discovered a mascara that looked very comparable to the Maybelline's The Rocket mascara (As far as the tube and wand goes) I don't have the Rocket mascara to fully compare the two , So you can decide whether they are similar ! 
Read More about this Dasio Japan Mascara 
Over all grade: B+


Lets start with the wand , This is a silicone wand with short bristles. What I like is that there are many bristles on the wand enough to coat each lash , The problem is this is such a huge wand (Like the Rocket mascara) that in some cases you may find it hard to NOT get the mascara everywhere.  


Top Lashes
I really like how this mascara lengthens , and separates the lashes. I did not see much volume being added to my lashes. You can see the huge difference from one coat to three coats of mascara , It made my lashes look sky high ! I felt like 3 coats was enough and if I were to add a fourth coat I would end up with spider legs lashes. I did see my lashes on my outer corner begin to clump up and stick together but that only occurred when I applied my third coat. Lastly , It holds it's curl very well.

                                                                     Lower Lashes
This mascara is a bit tougher to apply on the lower lashes. It is less forgiving and will get everywhere ! (My assumption is that the wand is too big for the lower lashes) It did darken my lower lashes but did not add any length of volume. It was also much faster to clump up and not separate. 

Over all thought's : With all that said I really like this mascara for my top lashes ! For an affordable price of $1.50 it did a very great job. Not much to say about the top lashes other than I love it , As far as my lower lashes I would prefer a different type of mascara . 

1 comment: